The Chile Powder Making Process:
1) Dry your Peppers
2) When my peppers have dried I vacuum pack them and store them in a cool dark place.
3) Unpack the peppers and get rid of any excess seeds (makes the powder a lot lighter color). Thai peppers from last season.
4) Load the Peppers into the grinder
5)5) A quick grind will give you flakes like this.
5) I prefer a powder so I grind until it looks like this
5) I then store the powder in a stain resistant air tight container.
What's left of my Santaka powder in the same container type:(
Back to Pepper Home